SSL for the Encrypted “handshake”
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, a global standard security protocol that enables encrypted communication between a web browser and a web server. It is utilized by millions of online businesses and individuals to decrease the risk of sensitive information (e.g. credit card numbers, usernames, passwords, emails, etc.) from being stolen or tampered with by hackers and identity thieves. In essence, SSL allows a private “conversation” just between the two intended parties.
To create this secure connection, an SSL certificate (also referred to as a “digital certificate”) is installed on a web server and serves two functions, firstly it authenticates the identity of the website (this guarantees visitors that they’re not on a bogus site) and secondly it encrypts the data that’s being transmitted between a web browser and a web server.
Secure Your Data & Transactions with Openware SSL Certificates
We currently offer different types of SSL certificates depending on your requirement:
- Single – Secures one fully-qualified domain name or subdomain name.
- Mutiple – Secure one fully-qualified domain name with multiple subdomain names.
- Wildcard – Covers one domain name and an unlimited number of its subdomains.
- Multi-Domain – Secures multiple domain names.
With all levels of validation, such as:
- Domain Validation – this level is the least expensive, and covers basic encryption and verification of the ownership of the domain name registration. This type of certificate usually takes a few minutes to receive.
- Organization Validation – in addition to basic encryption and verification of ownership of the domain name registration, certain details of the owner (e.g. name and address) are authenticated. This type of certificate usually takes a few hours to receive.
- Extended Validation (EV) – this provides the highest degree of security because of the thorough examination that is conducted before this certificate is issued (and as strictly specified in guidelines set by the SSL certification industry’s governing consortium). In addition to ownership of the domain name registration and entity authentication, the legal, physical and operational existence of the entity is verified. This type of certificate usually takes a day to receive.
Openware SSL Certificates Include
- SHA-2 and 2048-bit encryption – the strongest in the market
- Fast 5 minute issuance
- Compatible with all major browsers and mobile devices
- Protects unlimited servers
- Displays a security seal on your site
- Unlimited free reissue
- 1-Year/2-Years/3-Years validity
- Unlimited 24/7 security & installation support