Hello I am Asterisk!
Asterisk is the world’s most powerful and popular open source software IP PBX. Asterisk, the “*” symbol which is a “wildcard” in Unix and DOS command line syntax, means a symbol of a very versatile component in a voice network. Founded and supported by Digium and the open source community, Asterisk is continuously growing user and developer base all around the globe.
Openware IP PBX Systems are an affordable IP PBX business phone systems specifically engineered to meet the needs of small to midsize companies. Loaded with features and built using best of breed components, we have designed our IP PBX Systems which offers scalability from 10 employees to 1000 and even larger solutions. We deliver a feature rich VoIP system, completely preconfigured with user friendly intuitive FreePBX web based administration software and line cards that will allow you to make the highest quality phone calls possible, whether they are VoIP, digital or analog. Let us build your next Openware IP PBX Communications Solution for you, while you build your business.
Asterisk in the “Wildcard”
Why Asterisk is Unique and Special?
- Asterisk represents a highly valuable piece of software for a number of reasons: Extreme cost reduction – Combined with low-cost Linux telephony hardware, Asterisk can be used to create a IP PBX at a fraction of the price of traditional IP PBX and key systems, while providing a level of functionality exceeding that of many of the most expensive systems available.
- Control – Asterisk allows the user to take control of their phone system. Once a call is in an Linux box with Asterisk, anything can be done to it. In the same way that Apache gives the user fine-grained control over virtually every aspect of its operation (and its Open Source nature gives even more flexibility), the same applies to Asterisk (in fact, it is my hope that Asterisk will one day become the Apache of the telephony world, greatly surpassing the market share of the proprietary players).
- Rapid deployment and development – Asterisk allows IP PBX’s and IVR applications to be rapidly created and deployed. Its powerful CLI and text configuration files allow both rapid
configuration and real-time diagnostics. Rich, broad feature base – Because Asterisk is Open Source and is implemented in software, not only does it provide features such as voicemail, voice menus, IVR and conferencing which are very expensive for proprietary systems, but it also allows new features to be
added rapidly and with minimal effort.
- Customization – Through its internationalization support, configuration files, and source code, every aspect of Asterisk can be tweaked. For example, Asterisk’s codes for call features
could be changed to match an existing system.
- Dynamic Content Deployment – In the same way that web servers like Apache allow a user to deploy dynamic content, such as account information, movie show times, etc, on the web, Asterisk permits you to deploy such dynamic content over the telephone, with the same ease as CGI.
- Extremely Flexible Dialplan – Asterisk’s unusually flexible dialplan allows seamless integration of IVR and IP PBX functionality. Many of Asterisks existing features (and desired features of the future) can be implemented using nothing more than extension logic. Asterisk supports a mix of extension lengths.
Openware Enterprise IP PBX Built-in Features:
Our Enterprise IP PBX System comes with great features, most of the features are free and some of the special modules can be purchased for a very minimum cost.
|User Control Panel:
Extending The Power Of Asterisk:
We provide all the additional components to extend the power of Asterisk and build the perfect business systems and solutions.
|IP Phones||VoIP Gateways|
|SIP Trunking||Telephony Cards||Software|